What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
mohammedisam

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Post by mohammedisam »

Currently running a simple GUI theme but hoping to implement a compositing window manager soon.
Attachments
screenshot3.png
Kamal123

Post by Kamal123 »

Hello everyone, after a long time. XenevaOS got many improvements and new features like Shell inbuilt commands, basic networking, graphical updates..etc. XenevaOS v1.1 is on the way. Here's a screenshot of current version.

https://github.com/manaskamal/XenevaOS

If anyone wants to contribute to the project, feel free to send a pull request or open an issue for discussion.

Thank you,
XenevaOS
EmanueleDavalli

Post by EmanueleDavalli »

My OS running the cal command from suckless and freetype:
Image Image

And also me playing doom on it:
https://youtu.be/yZafwT7F48w[/youtube]
EmanueleDavalli

Post by EmanueleDavalli »

I'm utterly disgusted by my vfs code, but it works (barely) and I can create and write files
Attachments
Schermata a 2024-09-26 00-03-42.png
sortie
Libera.chat IRC: sortie

Post by sortie »

I accidentally ported node.js to Sortix. It's extremely unstable but the most basic uses actually work.
AnotherIdiot

Post by AnotherIdiot »

sortie wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:44 am Image

I accidentally ported node.js to Sortix. It's extremely unstable but the most basic uses actually work.
How long have you been working on Sortix? It looks absolutely insane to me that anyone was able to do that
no92
Libera.chat IRC: no92

Post by no92 »

managarm can now handle multitouch - as tested with USB passthrough (for screenshotting purposes) on my ThinkPad:

Coming soon to a PR near you!
Korona

Post by Korona »

no92 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:15 pm managarm can now handle multitouch - as tested with USB passthrough (for screenshotting purposes) on my ThinkPad:
Managarm also just turned 10 years old. I'm glad that it now has a lot of active contributors. 10 years ago when I started the project together with a friend of mine I wouldn't have imagined that we'd get to a point where we can receive multitouch input events from a laptop touchscreen and visualize them using a JavaScript application that runs in a browser (WebKitGTK in this case). Great work by everyone involved!
managarm: Microkernel-based OS capable of running a Wayland desktop (Discord: https://discord.gg/7WB6Ur3). My OS-dev projects: [mlibc: Portable C library for managarm, qword, Linux, Sigma, ...] [LAI: AML interpreter] [xbstrap: Build system for OS distributions].
zaval

Post by zaval »

congratulations on the anniversary. your project is one of the most successful here and always has been thus a strong motivation and inspiration.
ANT - NT-like OS for x64 and arm64.
efify - UEFI for a couple of boards (mips and arm). suspended due to lost of all the target park boards (russians destroyed our town).
nexos
Libera.chat IRC: nexos

Post by nexos »

Progress update on NexNix. Things has progressed fairly slowly over the past year, but now I've reached the pre-multitasking milestone. Currently it consists of a complete bootloader that has a basic scripting language, BIOS/EFI support, multi-platform support, and quite a bit more. The kernel also features a WIP memory manager that is heavily inspired off of Mach and UVM, a slab allocator that's almost a complete implementation of the original Bonwick paper, support for proper resource management, tickless event support, support for most PC hardware that's relevant to a microkernel, including things like invariant TSC, HPET, ACPI, APIC, etc, support for any 386+ CPU, and an interrupt manager with proper prioritization, proper support for interrupt chaining, and other features too. Next up is multitasking!
"How did you do this?"
"It's very simple — you read the protocol and write the code." - Bill Joy
Projects: NexNix | libnex | nnpkg