What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
klange
Libera.chat IRC: klange
Discord: klange

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Post by klange »

I feel like I post here too often, but...

Click for full size.
drunkenfox

Post by drunkenfox »

Trying to get the kernel entry file to link properly in ld. This is all I got so far from actualy booting from a floppy in my physical drive. VBox seems to have a weird bug when drawing to to the screen.
So yeah.. I am a brony in case anyone wonders. :|
rdos

Post by rdos »

bubach wrote:That is awesome. You have to provide locations for those things when it goes live, I'll take a road trip to southern Sweden to fill up on petrol/gas and go back home, haha. :D
It's already live. We have about 80 installations of the above terminal (all around Sweden, soon also in Denmark), and we have shipped 250 of the other one (where we only do graphics and print receipts).

The above screen-shot was from my development machine (a 2-core AMD portable), and has some debug features enabled, like the cash buttons, and the dispenser icons. The real terminal only show the upper left part.
klange
Libera.chat IRC: klange
Discord: klange

Post by klange »

I should probably stop posting every little update I make to this thread, but I just can't help myself. My persistence abounds. I should also probably make a announcement thread for my project...

Window borders and titles! Obviously, they lack buttons; this is because my compositor doesn't even send mouse events to clients right now, so there would be no way to press any buttons. I'll get to it eventually.

There's also been a lot of cleanup in the kernel and compositor since yesterday.
TylerH

Post by TylerH »

klange: That's awesome! I don't blame you for posting updates like that.
VolTeK

Post by VolTeK »

klange wrote:I should also probably make a announcement thread for my project...

I believe it to be a very interesting thread to watch. Good work :)
SoUrcerer

Post by SoUrcerer »

Now KolibriOS is able to boot Linux using emulator. Also, there are HD audio driver from-the-box, and new drivers for Intel video as additional package.
ubuntu.png
Solar

Post by Solar »

Just wondering, why is everybody including their colourful desktops in the screenshot when a single window would do in most cases? 8)
Every good solution is obvious once you've found it.
bubach

Post by bubach »

@Solar, if you're referring to that last one, the desktop part is KolibriOS and the shell is linux emulated inside it, so 100% homegrown OS in that screenshot. but yes, there's plenty of other screenshots where lots of stuff besides the bochs/qemu window is visible.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
http://bos.asmhackers.net/ - GitHub
invalid

Post by invalid »

To demonstrate that it's capable of handling multiple windows? ;)
Jezze
Libera.chat IRC: jfu

Post by Jezze »

Hi!

I've been working on Fudge for quite a while and I thought it would be time to show a little preview of what to come. I've uploaded a youtube video showing some of it's capabilities.

If you want to know more about Fudge I recommend visiting the github page.

Thanks to everyone at osdev for all the help!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUD7LMN4oA
Source: https://github.com/Jezze/fudge/

EDIT: Ha! I just noticed that ncat wasn't sending anything back. I must have broken that. Didn't even notice it myself. Trust me it works! I promise it does! :)
Fudge - Simplicity, clarity and speed.
http://github.com/Jezze/fudge/
Brynet-Inc
Libera.chat IRC: brynet

Post by Brynet-Inc »

Jezze wrote:.. youtube
Post here.
Twitter: @canadianbryan. Award by smcerm, I stole it. Original was larger.
Chandra

Post by Chandra »

Kolibri OS is going good, I guess. All these years, these guys have been focusing on porting lots and lots of stuffs. I wonder how well is the driver framework.
Programming is not about using a language to solve a problem, it's about using logic to find a solution !
SoUrcerer

Post by SoUrcerer »

Chandra wrote:Kolibri OS is going good, I guess. All these years, these guys have been focusing on porting lots and lots of stuffs. I wonder how well is the driver framework.
Thank you. Driver framework is quite simple and easy-to-begin. We're working on USB and advanced networking now. Network branch (with POSIX-compatible sockets) almost ready to be merged into trunk. What about ports: there are ports of cairo, mesa, i915, ati2d, ffmpeg and so on - such big soft which we can't write from scratch yet. Also, there are some emulators and additional software (pdf viewer, text OCR, vim). We're working on advanced web browsing too. May be once we'll have Flash plugin as well.
Screenshot-58.png
So, what about screenshot :) Now we have KolibriOS-tan, cute videoplayer (divx, mp4, flv, matroska - fits on a floppy!), powerful image viewer and new bloody game about rabbits from big world.
Chandra

Post by Chandra »

That's cool. You guys aren't missing a single spot. Great work!
And, did you write the mpeg decoder from scratch or ported from somewhere (one of GPL sources, may be)?
Programming is not about using a language to solve a problem, it's about using logic to find a solution !