What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
Mark139

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Post by Mark139 »

Here's my OS booting. I've started coding again. This time I'm going to try a micro-kernel based OS.
Attachments
booting.jpg
VolTeK

Post by VolTeK »

Mac, wow thats different, first os to run on a mac i have seen so far, well done
f2

Post by f2 »

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, and I presents you two screenshots of my OS project (which had for name "Hydrogen OS") at booting. It is written entirely in x86 assembly with Solar Assembler.
Main boot menu
Main boot menu
Display boot menu
Display boot menu
Last edited by f2 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Open source seems to embrace the dark side of human nature." - Ville Turjanmaa
Creature

Post by Creature »

Neat OS you've got there, Tommy. Proves that you don't need no GUI to make everything look shiny and attractive!
When the chance of succeeding is 99%, there is still a 50% chance of that success happening.
f2

Post by f2 »

Creature wrote:Neat OS you've got there, Tommy
Thanks Creature ;) .
Creature wrote:Proves that you don't need no GUI to make everything look shiny and attractive!
Yes, but my OS will be entirely usable with a GUI, and I'm currently working on it.
I'll post new screenshots of the GUI when it will be more complete.
Steve the Pirate

Post by Steve the Pirate »

I don't get why my post was moved out of the thread... It had a link to a screenshot of my OS in it, which is the whole point of the thread...
My Site | My Blog
Symmetry - My operating system.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Steve the Pirate wrote:I don't get why my post was moved out of the thread... It had a link to a screenshot of my OS in it, which is the whole point of the thread...
Your post was moved?! I don't remember doing that, maybe one of the other mods did?

I pruned this topic, removing useless crap; some mac-fanboys had taken over it. Did your post get caught up in that?

If so, sorry! I used the "split from" feature and didn't realise there was an on-topic post in there.
Steve the Pirate

Post by Steve the Pirate »

JamesM wrote:
Steve the Pirate wrote:I don't get why my post was moved out of the thread... It had a link to a screenshot of my OS in it, which is the whole point of the thread...
Your post was moved?! I don't remember doing that, maybe one of the other mods did?

I pruned this topic, removing useless crap; some mac-fanboys had taken over it. Did your post get caught up in that?

If so, sorry! I used the "split from" feature and didn't realise there was an on-topic post in there.
I just commented that I did some development on Mac OS (with a link to a screenshot of my OS running in VirtualBox on OS X)... I'd hardly call that being a fanboy.
My Site | My Blog
Symmetry - My operating system.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Steve the Pirate wrote:
JamesM wrote:

I just commented that I did some development on Mac OS (with a link to a screenshot of my OS running in VirtualBox on OS X)... I'd hardly call that being a fanboy.
I've read the moved thread over and you're right, I split from the wrong post. The posts after yours were what I was intending to move. Sorry about that!
f2

Post by f2 »

Tommy wrote:I'll post new screenshots of the GUI when it will be more complete.
Here are two new screenshots of my OS.
Attachments
First screen of my GUI
First screen of my GUI
30062009_0002.png (11.3 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
The boot menu with a new font.
The boot menu with a new font.
30062009_0001.png (6.9 KiB) Viewed 5045 times
Coty

Post by Coty »

nice :D I just don't get one thing, how do you start a new window test on that? I see two windows and no way to launch a new one :? right click or keyboard shortcut :?:
My hero, is Mel.
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

Coddy wrote:nice :D I just don't get one thing, how do you start a new window test on that? I see two windows and no way to launch a new one :? right click or keyboard shortcut :?:
Is that even a question? Obviously it's just a test, the windowing system development has just started. They're probably started up automatically.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.", Popular Mechanics (1949)
[ Project UDI ]
f2

Post by f2 »

Love4Boobies wrote:Obviously it's just a test, the windowing system development has just started. They're probably started up automatically.
That's right, Love4Boobies! This is the OS that created the two windows. I will add a keyboard shortcut to create new ones.
gravaera
Location: Supporting the cause: Use \tabs to indent code. NOT \x20 spaces.

Post by gravaera »

piranha wrote:Boredom prevailed and I uploaded some shots:
http://seascreenshots.googlepages.com/

Yes, I wrote a game of life simulator. Yes, I was bored.

-JL
I actually looked up the comedian in those quotes, and found that he had a very interesting outlook on life. I like people who don't pretend. That incident in the Las Vegas Hotel is inspiring.

Although it's a rather dark way of looking at things, it's also honest. Nice, in a strange way.

@tommy: Beautiful. I can't wait until I've finally finished reading through the Intel Manuals, and drafting my final design, and doing a good, sturdy bit of reading on the IBM PC architecture in general, so I can get down to the nitty gritty, and eventually, at least four months from now, post up an OS looking similar.

Man... #-o
17:56 < sortie> Paging is called paging because you need to draw it on pages in your notebook to succeed at it.
f2

Post by f2 »

Here's a new screenshot of my OS :
03072009_0001.png
I changed a little the look of windows, which resembles that seen in WindowMaker.
I'm glad I can do something that isn't too slow ;) . I use double-buffer for drawing windows, mouse, etc.
When my GUI is quite complete and functional, I post a pre-alpha version of my OS, so you can test it.
Last edited by f2 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:38 am, edited 4 times in total.