VBE in Protected Mode Tutorial?

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
Combuster
Libera.chat IRC: [com]buster
Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance

Re: VBE in Protected Mode Tutorial?

Post by Combuster »

Dex wrote:Thats what a hobby desktop OS is, its a caveman OS, just get real.
I think that's an insult to all the senior members here, whose OS can already do things windows (or linux) can't. How can we do things better if we are not aware of the current state of affairs?

Seriously, your argumention is making no sense at all. Might I suggest that you quit from this discussion before this results in a complete flamewar (with all consequences thereof)?
"Certainly avoid yourself. He is a newbie and might not realize it. You'll hate his code deeply a few years down the road." - Sortie
[ My OS ] [ VDisk/SFS ]
Troy Martin

Post by Troy Martin »

Combuster wrote:
I think that's an insult to all the senior members here, whose OS can already do things windows (or linux) can't. How can we do things better if we are not aware of the current state of affairs?
We can't (easily.) If there were no commercial/big OSes, we'd all be writing text adventure games for nineteenth generation VAXes in C++++++++++++ by now, instead of text/graphical OSes in asm or C/++ (or, in your case, Combuster, FreeBASIC :D)
Solar wrote:It keeps stunning me how friendly we - as a community - are towards people who start programming "their first OS" who don't even have a solid understanding of pointers, their compiler, or how a OS is structured.
I wish I could add more tex
Dex

Post by Dex »

Combuster wrote:
So its OK to insult me (by saying my methods are caveman methods), but when i say stop kidding yourselfs, we can only use caveman methods, i am " Insult to all the senior members here".
That sucks as trying to divide and concor, stop try to put people down, because you do not agree with them.
Its say something about a forum when there are so many more modes than members and i have so many PM message from people that need help, but they do not like asking on the forum because they are all made to feel like little KIDS.
Combuster
Libera.chat IRC: [com]buster
Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance

Post by Combuster »

I'm not planning to find you the extent of your hypocricy, Dex. Also, please follow some ethics in discussions, since you just pretty much dropped to the level you had two years ago.

Thread locked.
"Certainly avoid yourself. He is a newbie and might not realize it. You'll hate his code deeply a few years down the road." - Sortie
[ My OS ] [ VDisk/SFS ]