What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
stevenup7002

Post by stevenup7002 »

Well, seeing as we all seem to be posting panic screens:

I'll post some interesting stuff later! :wink:
Craze Frog

Post by Craze Frog »

It's not exactly a state-of-the-art 3d bluescreen yet:

The caption says L4 but just ignore that. It's written in 100% 32-bit asm. Changing from C to asm made the new asm source code 3.5 times smaller than the C version with the same functionality(1) and added speed.

(1) It doesn't actually have much functionality yet...
stevenup7002

Post by stevenup7002 »

Kernel Asleep at the wheel!
No wonder your kernel crashed. You must be using the poor thing too much. You should be ashamed of yourself, exploiting an innocen.. SHUT UP WINDOZE! GET YOUR LAZY @$$ RUNNING THIS PROGRAM, OR IMA GIVE YOU A SPANKIN! DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE!
AndrewAPrice

Post by AndrewAPrice »

stevenup7002 wrote:
Kernel Asleep at the wheel!
No wonder your kernel crashed. You must be using the poor thing too much. You should be ashamed of yourself, exploiting an innocen.. SHUT UP WINDOZE! GET YOUR LAZY @$$ RUNNING THIS PROGRAM, OR IMA GIVE YOU A SPANKIN! DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE!
It was up all night processing and fell into a microsleep.
My OS is Perception.
neon

Post by neon »

Heres my new bootloaders current panic screen:

Most of the routines in the bootloader are carried out in either rMode or v86 mode, which display text (the background text). We use this to know almost exactally where the problem happened at.

Other then that, I want to keep this as user friendly as possible. (As you can probably tell.)

I dont have pics of my kernel program yet as I am still rewriting my bootloader.
OS Development Series | Wiki | os | ncc
char c[2]={"\x90\xC3"};int main(){void(*f)()=(void(__cdecl*)(void))(void*)&c;f();}
ucosty

Post by ucosty »

You might want to change insure to ensure. :lol:
The cake is a lie | rackbits.com
neon

Post by neon »

ucosty wrote:You might want to change insure to ensure. :lol:
Hm... Im not sure about that...
ther authorities, however, consider “ensureâ€
OS Development Series | Wiki | os | ncc
char c[2]={"\x90\xC3"};int main(){void(*f)()=(void(__cdecl*)(void))(void*)&c;f();}
piranha

Post by piranha »

Here is my panic screen:

I was bored, and made this in about 5 min.

-JL :P
SeaOS: Adding VT-x, networking, and ARM support
dbittman on IRC, @danielbittman on twitter
https://dbittman.github.io
AndrewAPrice

Post by AndrewAPrice »

A cool effect would be for your screen to dissolve to Matrix construct, but representing each of your windows, and the screen would pan forward while zooming back (pseudo 3d style) with the corrupted program's Matrix construct shattering. Then the screen would pan back/zoom foward back to normal and the Matrix construct would dissolve back into normal windows/colours/etc.
My OS is Perception.
stevenup7002

Post by stevenup7002 »

Or maybe just a matrix construct with the panic screen in the center of it?
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

neon wrote:
ucosty wrote:You might want to change insure to ensure. :lol:
Hm... Im not sure about that...
ther authorities, however, consider “ensureâ€
mystran

Post by mystran »

JamesM wrote:That's what a native English speaker would say, and would consider "insure" to be a typo.
In this case however IHMO it shouldn't be written of as a 'typo' as explained by Wikipedia (emphasis mine):
A typographical error or typo is a mistake made during the typing process. The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger, but excludes errors of ignorance. Most typos involve simple duplication, omission, transposition, or substitution of a small number of characters.

Though the term "typo" excludes errors of ignorance, it is common to find it used as a euphemism to describe instances of poor spelling, punctuation, or grammar, such as subconsciously typing a homophone.
Considering that the letters 'i' and 'e' are on the opposite sides of the normal QWERTY layout...

For what it's worth, I'm not a native English speaker either.
The real problem with goto is not with the control transfer, but with environments. Properly tail-recursive closures get both right.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

mystran wrote:
JamesM wrote:That's what a native English speaker would say, and would consider "insure" to be a typo.
In this case however IHMO it shouldn't be written of as a 'typo' as explained by Wikipedia (emphasis mine):
A typographical error or typo is a mistake made during the typing process. The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger, but excludes errors of ignorance. Most typos involve simple duplication, omission, transposition, or substitution of a small number of characters.

Though the term "typo" excludes errors of ignorance, it is common to find it used as a euphemism to describe instances of poor spelling, punctuation, or grammar, such as subconsciously typing a homophone.
Considering that the letters 'i' and 'e' are on the opposite sides of the normal QWERTY layout...

For what it's worth, I'm not a native English speaker either.

Well alright, if you want to be pedantic about it... ;) ;)
nully

Post by nully »

JamesM wrote: P.s. Nully that panic message looks awfully similar to the one in my tutorials (www.jamesmolloy.co.uk). Did you follow them perchance?
your tutorials were a great help, i am in the process of redoing all the paging/memory allocation code which was originally based of most of your tutorial. I'm also going to include a small dump of the memory surrounding where the fault occurred :) (and spice it up with some pretty colors)
xyzzy
Libera.chat IRC: aejsmith

Post by xyzzy »

Ok, here it is:

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Nah, not really. Here it really is: