OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: NICK!!! UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:40 pm 
It's because of your site I got in this agi fan programming stuff in the first place.

Post subject: Re:NICK!!! UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:49 pm 
really? that's great to hear it actually inspired somebody to work on agi.

I'm working on the new agi compiler at the moment. The site's become a bit big and unwieldy to update now and I'm slowly moving everything to php to help make things easier. (witness the nice big links page). Once the compiler's near completion, I will be looking at updating the site properly (all sections)

I've got a few projects going on and I feel if I don't stick to one I won't get any done :)

- Nick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:56 pm 
I can understand that. I've been through the same thing myself though most of my projects have never been completed. :-\

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:43 pm 
Yes SGreenslade...AGI rocks...stick wioth it

but the pics are hard to draw...

SMG240

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:49 pm 
Well in my opinion filling pixels are easier then to draw with pencil and paper.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:52 pm 
YES but still i rock at paint~

SM<20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:27 pm 
OH OH!! Here is some fun talky-subject.

Drawing in "low res" versus "drawing on paper"!

Personally, I feel that I am an ARTISTE when it comes to low-res stuff. Put a pencil and paper in my hand and I stare like monkey....

monkey.......

How about everyone else?

later,
-junc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:39 pm 
Well low res is relatively simple when you have line, undo and fill commands. Scribbling on paper is simply another story. I suppose that if one puts the same care in low res drawings, drawing detail by detail would make drawings on paper just a nice. It's all in how you plan it out. Chuck Close, an artist in New York paints like that. He cuts photos into grids, sections huge canvases into the same grid and paints grid by grid, adding layer after layer until it looks like a giant blown up photograph. The worse part is that one being painted and the actual picture not, unless you look closely, you can't tell the difference. So in other words, low res drawing principles can apply to pencil and paper. Just the materials that are different.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:27 am 
I guess they are quite different when it comes to drawing round shapes... Especially in Picedit drawing a circle can get quite tough without using the tracing option. But Picedist is still quite high-res compared to views on the largest zoom ;D. I just love dawing every box seperately and see how it slowly forms to become an image!

Wouldn't it be an idea to implement support for graphics tablets in Picedit ;) ;D?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:37 am 
Yes Joey that would be most resourseful...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:25 am 
smartguy240 wrote:
Yes Joey that would be most resourseful...

Uhh...that's not Joey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:11 am 
What're those 'graphical tablets'?

-Kon-Tiki-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:45 pm 
Graphics tablets are boards that are just like pen and paper. You have some tablet that you draw on with a plastic stick, and the board sends data to your computer. Everything you draw is displayed on the screen. A bit like drawing on a palm, but good programs allow you to change your brush and the tablets record how much pressure you put on the pen to calculate how thick lines are... It's basically drawing with pen and paper and scanning it at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:51 am 
Heh...there i go again...zonkie...sorry...that would be most resoursefukl :-[

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:54 am 
I absolutely despise drawing tablets. Great idea...but, I can barely draw a circle with the damn thing. My girlfriend is an artist and I had her try it out a few weeks ago and she couldn't draw a circle either. I know it takes a lot of practice but...if I'm going to practice something it's going to be actually drawing with pen and paper...blah.

On the same note as the drawing tablet...Bill Gates unveiled his PC Tablet. This is just building off of the Palm technology, but instead it's a really big palm running WinXP. Now, if I could draw directly onto a screen, well that would work for me. Also, another thing that I have been wanting to see for about fifteen years now came out this year...THE FLOATING MOUSE!!! I am so happy about this one, and they are only $100. One step closer to having our actual operating systems be 3D environments. I always wanted to make a operating system that ran on something like the quake engine....access your files by touching them, or maybe shooting them with your shotgun :P.

Actually the reason for my question was to see how many people here feel more comfortable (with the quality) drawing on the computer than on paper. I find it very interesting that I draw better on the computer. I think it says something about my generation.

eh...

later,
junc