OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: RE:Matrix
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:00 pm 
Just that your point implies that the matrix may be real. Anyone who even considers that probably needs serious therapy.

P.S. (For Heliocentric. All others please do not read the following message. We will know if you do.)
Heliocentric, I'll be seeing you very soon. Don't try to run; you have nowhere to hide. I assure you that we have complete control over the matrix. And don't dream of being rescued, either. I assure you, it won't happen.

Sincerely

Agent Smith (aka xSadar)

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:00 pm 
HaHa.. It seems you have no idea of your ignorance.

It doesn't matter what reality really is, we'd never know. And because you are neither a philosophy professor or theoretical physicist, you should keep an open mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:00 pm 
Besides, Agent Smith no longer controls the matrix. Neo set him free and now he's a half damaged program.

Brill.

is it true they've used a real hacking-tool and a made a real hack, when logging to the powerplant? besides, it looked pretty realistic.

adrian

You forget, that's only a movie. What makes you think Neo really exists? As I said "don't dream of being rescued, either. I assure you, it won't happen." Think about what that implies or could imply. By the way, didn't I tell you not to read that part? Not a wise decision on your part.

How do you know what I am? Besides, the study of philosophy requires an open mind anyway. And just so you know, there is a way of finding out what reality really is, although you'll have to rely on faith until you reach the point of truly being certain. By the way, just so nobody argues against faith without even knowing what it is, faith is not just blindly believing something (that's usually called self-dececption). Faith has to parts: first you MUST believe that something (anything true) is possible, logical or likely (depending on the level of your faith) because of logic and past experience. Second you MUST have the hope that it is true which causes you to act on that belief. For example, I have faith that if I work, my boss will pay me (because of logic and experience, therefore I do work. As another example, I have faith in the physics/mechanics which makes a car work (because of logic and experience), therefore I drive. And as a final example, I have faith in God (do to logic and my experience with Him) therefore I follow Him. So, I do keep an open mind, but my open mind has led to to a faith in God, not in the matrix, and I believe it will lead to actual KNOWLEDGE of what reality is. Secondly, what reality really is DOES matter, because it could affect how we should behave.

P.S. Sorry for the off-topic message. I just had to reply.

P.P.S. I have a better idea of my ignorance than you might think. Do you realize your own? Because philosophers and theoretical physicists may have a lesser  understanding of reality than you seem to think (especially philosophers), and many others may have a better idea of it than you seem to think.

Post subject: Amen, Halleluja
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:00 pm 
Don't tell me you are joking...
You are a christian xSadar...or...

Amen brother!

Yeah, Trinity uses nmap to scan ports and finds ssh open, then using a made up program exploits the ssh server, but the exploit does exist.

Brill

I do not subject myself to superstitious faith
Such things are trivial in my mind
Faith cause people to act irrationally and quite idiotically, to the point of starting wars.
I have spent hours in self-reflection and meditation and have come up with simple rules of existence that will lead us to a better way of life...But does anyone listen? No. People are to stubborn to change and to greedy to think of others so my knowledge is largely ignored.

As for reality being the matrix, we do not know of the mechanisms driving our reality and, because we live in it, there will be NO proof for or against it that we may be able to comprehend

OK?

Perhaps you should read my message better. The funny thing is that you already have faith. Anything that you believe that is true that causes you to act is faith. Second, faith cannot be superstitious, because it must be based on something true. As for my faith in God, it's as much superstition as my faith in physics. It's based on experience (experimentation) and logic; superstition is illogical and often based only on popular opinion. (For example the belief that faith is superstition is in itself a superstition. Perhaps you should learn about something and read the other person's comments before you argue.) As for starting wars, are you sure the wars you're thinking of were started by faith? It was certainly based on belief in something that could not be seen, but that is not a complete definition of faith. Faith must be based on something that is true, which will cause you to act in a way that is good, not evil. Most religious wars are started based on hate. People with true faith in God will love others, not hate them.

PS If you (or anyone else) wants to respond, e-mail me at myrealbox.com (same handle), because this is really off topic.

well, you can't blame faith that much. perhaps it may look weird, but besides- a common religion is one of the things, which links a community. If there was not such a link, the society, the nation would fall and be killed in wars, which are not always in effect of war.

Adrian

Believe in proletariat. We will rise!

Post subject: RE:Amen, Halleluja
No, I'm not joking. Yes, I am a Christian.

Post subject: RE:Amen, Halleluja
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:00 pm 
Cool, I'm a believor myself.
Maybe could make friend

kristoffer[at]paulsson[dot]name